Boys don't cry
They said Boys don't shed a tear, Maybe they just couldn't hear,
When my heart beats faster,
As your steps drew near.
Like you stepped on my vessels, Who else could burst my bubbles, I know i should have told you,
But couldn't yet surmount the hurdles.
Walking passed with another man,
A pain I had to bear,
How could you not feel my soul yearning,
Would you please look here!
To be with you even for a split second,
This soul deeply beckons!
My Big brother says I'm acting all childish; he calls me a Kid, Well yea!
Cus' can't let go of you'.
I'll just lay 'on.
In my sleep I talk of you, even though you weren't here.
You were the woman of my dreams, How come you couldn't hear.
I even wrote you a letter,
Burnt my late night oils.
The prints of my affections,
Stains the files of memories I shared with you,
Now I'm drunk on coffee; that's my cup of tea.
You want a billionaire lover.
Babe I'm just an Oliver Twist'
What can I bring to the table
Not enough to hold a feast.
You left the traces of your perfume
All over my wooden Chair.
You sat here telling of your wedding,
Guess I'll give the toast; now cheers!!
You stayed up all nights reading pieces of romance, yet you couldn't care.
Like Romeo and Juliet, you were my favryt' verses, but how time now flies over feelings making your beloved but Nuisance.
That love we killed, still has it's carcass smelling! Guess we will need Marvin Gaye, medics of sexual healing.
I would say it in the board meeting,
Of how much I love you.
I'll risk losing my ends meet,
I can't stand it anymore you left me with cold feet.
This is a memorial of my affections.
Even if we never meet,
I hope this piece will find you,
I really hope you read it!!.
(C) Victor Egba
They said Boys don't shed a tear, Maybe they just couldn't hear,
When my heart beats faster,
As your steps drew near.
Like you stepped on my vessels, Who else could burst my bubbles, I know i should have told you,
But couldn't yet surmount the hurdles.
Walking passed with another man,
A pain I had to bear,
How could you not feel my soul yearning,
Would you please look here!
To be with you even for a split second,
This soul deeply beckons!
My Big brother says I'm acting all childish; he calls me a Kid, Well yea!
Cus' can't let go of you'.
I'll just lay 'on.
In my sleep I talk of you, even though you weren't here.
You were the woman of my dreams, How come you couldn't hear.
I even wrote you a letter,
Burnt my late night oils.
The prints of my affections,
Stains the files of memories I shared with you,
Now I'm drunk on coffee; that's my cup of tea.
You want a billionaire lover.
Babe I'm just an Oliver Twist'
What can I bring to the table
Not enough to hold a feast.
You left the traces of your perfume
All over my wooden Chair.
You sat here telling of your wedding,
Guess I'll give the toast; now cheers!!
You stayed up all nights reading pieces of romance, yet you couldn't care.
Like Romeo and Juliet, you were my favryt' verses, but how time now flies over feelings making your beloved but Nuisance.
That love we killed, still has it's carcass smelling! Guess we will need Marvin Gaye, medics of sexual healing.
I would say it in the board meeting,
Of how much I love you.
I'll risk losing my ends meet,
I can't stand it anymore you left me with cold feet.
This is a memorial of my affections.
Even if we never meet,
I hope this piece will find you,
I really hope you read it!!.
(C) Victor Egba

Comments
Post a Comment